Aubergine burger with walnut and coriander
- 1 aubergine
- 1-2 shallots
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato
- A hand full of crunched walnuts
- 1 el olive oil or coconut oil
- sesame oil
- Sprig of mint
- Sprig of coriander
- 2 eggs
- 2 el of fine breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to add flavour
Serves 4 | 30 minutes
1. Rinse the aubergines and cut them into thick slices. Be aware, too thin slices turn into crisps. You can peel them, but you do not have to. Drizzle them with some oil and place them in the oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut all the other ingredients and mix them in a bowl (except the eggs and breadcrumbs!). Finally, rinse the mint and coriander and add to the mixture.
2. When the aubergine is soft and it has cooled down, cut it into pieces. Mix it with the above mixture. Turn on the pan with olive or coconut oil.
3. Finally, mix the fine breadcrumbs, eggs and salt and pepper with the mixture. Stir thoroughly so all ingredients are well mixed. Make round balls of the mixture and place them in the pan. Make sure they are firm and bake each side for at least 5-7 minutes on a medium high temperature.